Valley View Clinic is solely owned by DR. J. J. LAMPTEY who is a consultant Neuro Psychiatrist and Medical Director of the clinic.
Dr. Lamptey was medically trained at the Queen’s University Belfast Northern Ireland, and London. He received his postgraduate training in Psychiatry at Edinburgh University. Edinburgh, Scotland. He has over forty years of psychiatric practice in the UK and Ghana.
He taught Psychiatry at the Ghana Medical School from 1970 to 1983. Dr. Lamptey was then a senior lecturer in Psychiatry. On returning to the UK in 1983, he was appointed as a Consultant Psychiatrist at Kingsway Hospital Derby, UK until he returned to Ghana in 1988 to establish the Valley View Clinic.
Dr. Lamptey is presently a part-time Senior Lecturer in Neuro-psychopharmacology to post-graduate students pursuing their M. Phil degree in Clinical Psychology, at the University of Ghana, Legon.
He has written a number of journals on psychiatry, which has contributed to the management and treatment of psychiatry in Ghana. He was recently awarded with a certificate and citation by the Health Legend Foundation Africa in the area of Specialist in Psychiatry Care.
Dr. Lamptey has immeasurable experience in the treatment of psychiatry and stress management. You can count on him for excellent treatment.
MOTTO : “THE CLINIC WITH A DIFFERENCE”
WHY YOU SHOULD GO TO VALLEY VIEW CLINIC
1. It is a private and well maintained clinic
2. The staff are well trained, courteous and client-friendly
3. Each patient is treated in a unique, empathic and special way because of the training the staff had undergone
4. A clinic which caters for your physical and psychological needs under the same roof
5. Patients who have psychological/psychiatric problems and who don’t want to be stigmatized are treated with the utmost confidentiality that they want
6. It caters for patients who refuse to attend clinic by way of sedation of these patients at home before admission. Relatives are encouraged to bring their wards to the clinic for a follow-up
- Cannabis (Wee)
- PCP etc.